Here are my
TOP TEN ALBUMS
1) - The Waterboys - An Appointment With Mr. Yeats.
Why? It's such a layered, traversed album that goes
through the phrases/phases of W.B. Yeats;
with the background rock symphony of
Mike Scott and The Waterboys.
"The hammering angst dancing with the mist of soul." (my line!)
2) - Spiderman - Turn Off The Dark.
Through all the chaos in NYC getting the musical started,
this album was a great outcrop of Bono, Edge and all the people
that got beaten up for it, singing 'RISE ABOVE'!
PLUS + It's a great road-trip cd on a great rental car stereo!
3) - Bruce Cockburn - Small Source of Comfort.
If 'HE' makes an album within any year, you
have to listen, hear, gestate and love it.
4) - Proto Kaw - Forth.
After all that Kerry Livgren went through,
he can still make a pristine, sharp, anthemic product.
5) - Ben Harper - White Lies For Dark Times.
6) - U2 - Achtung Baby Super Deluxe package;
(especially the 'Kindergarten demos' and the
FROM THE SKY DOWN video);
PLUS + Q Magazine's 'Ahk-toong-Bay-bi' Covered CD.
7) - Sam Phillips - Solid State.
8) - Brad Mehldau - Live in Marciac.
(2-CD & DVD gig!); A REALLY nice set!
The best head-phones in the dark album.
9) - The Jelly Jam - Shall We Descend?!
10) - (yes...another) The Waterboys - In A Special Place;
Mike Scott (playing great on the) Piano
Demos for This Is The Sea; i would also love
to see his 'black book' with all his thots, lyrics and notes,
during this phase!
(did you see last years list?)